I don’t know about you, but I am totally ADDICTED to mango. I’ve really managed to change my tastebuds over the years to see fruit as a sweet treat that I really enjoy. Theres just something about mango that I find so satisfying and refreshing, and such a summer fruit flavour too! I hope you enjoy the recipe I have for you.
For the tart case-
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey/ sweet freedom
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 medium mango
- 1 1/12 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp honey/sweet freedom
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Fresh passionfruit
- Preheat your oven to 180c and lightly grease a cupcake tray with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, blend together the coconut oil, honey, buckwheat flour and water until your left with a thick, slightly crumbly dough like mixture.
- Divide this into the cupcake tray and firmly press into the base and sides of the moulds to create little tart cases. The recipe should make around 5.
- Place these into the oven to bake for around 7 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the mango filling, combine the mango, cashews, coconut oil, vanilla and honey in a food processor or high speed blender and blitz until really smooth and creamy.
- Once the tart cases have finished cooking, transfer these onto a wire wrack and allow them to cool completely.
- When the cases have thoroughly cooled, add some of the filling into each of them and top with the fresh passionfruit to decorate. Enjoy!
Recipe in collaboration with Charley’s Health