So with pancake day coming up, I thought I would give you a real pancake treat you can enjoy guilt free! You may be fed up of the typical ‘banana and egg’ 2 ingredient recipe by now, so here is something a little more exciting. This recipe is high in protein and good fats from the coconut cream, and what is even better is none of the typical sugary toppings are needed. A taste sensation all on it’s own! Let me know if you make them by tagging me on Facebook or Instagram @naturallyguiltfree
- 20g chocolate pea protein powder
- 1 heaped tsp cacao powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Almond milk
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 3 tbsp thick coconut cream
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp honey
- Start by prepping the coconut cream. Mash together the raspberries, coconut cream and honey until almost smooth and place this into the freezer to set whilst you make the pancakes.
- Add the banana, protein, egg, cacao powder, baking powder into your blender along with a splash of almond milk and blend until smooth. Start with a little milk and you can gradually add more until you’re left with a pourable but thick consistency.
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan and pour the mixture into small pancake shapes. When they start to bubble, gently slide a spatula underneath and flip them over to cook on the other side. Repeat this for the rest of the mixture.
- Serve with a generous dollop of your coconut cream and some fresh berries.
*Recipe and images in collaboration with Charley’s Health*