This week I have been creating healthy recipes for the ladies on my transformation programmes. I love salmon and usually have it steamed with some spinach. Salmon is super amazing for you and you should try to eat it at least once a week if you can. It has been labelled by Authority Nutrition as ‘one of the healthiest foods on the planet’. As well as being packed full of protein 22 grams per serving!), it is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids- an essential fatty acid which helps reduce inflammation in the body. Salmon is also jam packed with B-Vitamins which are needed for various bodily processes including giving us energy. Salmon is also a great food for weight loss as it regulates appetite hormones, helping you stay fuller for longer.
If you are looking for an exciting way to Jazz up your salmon, look no further! Combining all the health benefits of salmon with the amazing health benefits of pistachio is one recipe for delicious goodness!
(Serves 1, double for two people)
1 salmon fillet
1 egg white
Handful of shelled pistachio nuts
Sea saltand black pepper
1 large carrot
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Finely chop your pistachios on a cutting board so that you’re left with a rough breadcrumb like texture. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of garlic powder and mix everything together.
- Dip the top of the salmon fillet into your egg white and then into the nut mixture, so that the whole of this surface is completely covered. Place this into a baking dish and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the salmon is completely cooked through (cooking time may vary depending on how well done you’d like the fish to be)
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, grate the carrot and beetroot and assemble on your plate.
- Top with the salmon and drizzle with olive oil.
Recipe & Photography in collaboration with Charley’s Health